Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Giant Star!

Just finished whirlwind quilting on this one, another one of my sisters quilts (she can sew them faster than I can quilt them!). This ginormous quilt is a Christmas gift for my Niece and her hubby so it needed to get done crazy fast. So I received the quilt last week, and of course needed to order thread to match, but was able to get it done in a couple of days and it is now on its way back to her to finish up the binding. I did some jelly feathers (a'la Lisa H. Calle), some swirl feathers (a'la Green Fairy) -which I don't feel like I'm great at, but they came out ok and they blend into that reddish border so they're kinda hidden! And just some back and forth quilting in the borders. I attached the binding to the front while it was still on the longarm (my favorite way to get the binding on now!) and so all she has to do is stitch it to the back. She's hoping to be done so they can take it home with them after their visit for the holidays.




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment